Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Singing the harddrive blues...

The inevitable has come. The harddisk on my almost 2 year-old Dell is starting to fail. Thanks to our next-day keep-you-harddrive warranty Dell is hooking me up with a new drive that will be here tomorrow. In the meantime I'm backing up what I can and plotting out my fresh install of Windows XP.

I know a lot of people probably see reinstalling an operating system as the biggest headache ever. I'm actually looking forward to it. I have not formatted my drive and started from scratch in nearly two years; so this is a great chance for me to declutter my electronic work life.

Fortunately this all comes at a time where I'm between major projects and can afford to take a day to restructure and reload.

Anytime you can, I recommend taking a day to do housekeeping around your office, with your electronic files, and taking care of the little things you haven't done that are bothering you.

While you're at it, check out Getting Things Done by David Allen from your library. It just might open your mind to decluttering and taking control of all the things that seem to be in control of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home