Friday, January 13, 2006

Gaming @ your library - Glen Carbon Centennial Public Library

65 Kids.
15 Pizzas.
More soda than we could track.
2 Xboxes
1 GameCube
1 PS2
5 hours.

Wow. What a night. I was totally floored by the response we got.

The setup:
2 42" TVs, 2 Xboxes (8 controllers total), and Star Wars Battlefront II. Huge hit. I could not keep the kids off it
1 Gamecube, 4 controllers, and Mario Kart - excellent. This got played all night too.
1 PS2, a project, DDR + 2 red octane pads. They were lined up for this one. We had beginners to advanced.

I let the kids run the night mostly, just tried to make sure they rotated through players. Battlefront 2 was the hardest to keep the kids switching out since it can be a really involved game (especially with teams).

I have a lot more thoughts and I'll post more when I collect them.

For now, here's the photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcls/sets/72057594047863762/

3 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger Barbara Rhodes said...

Congratulations...It looks like you were a hit!

I also have a request. I have read both of your blogs and find that I am lost in terms and applications. Could you please have a technology workshop at the System to define terms such as SQL, Firefox, etc, their uses, when we would want to use them, and et.al?

Thanks,

Barb Rhodes

 
At 1/16/2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Beth Gallaway said...

Chris
You are awesome!!! Glad it was such a success :)

 
At 1/17/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Sixty five! That is so cool.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home