Monday, December 12, 2005

Using Firefox? Add an LCLS Web catalog title search to your Firefox Search bar

I decided I wanted to know how this worked, so today I came up with this:
http://labs.lcls.org/firefox/default.html

I created one for LCLS and for MLS (because it was so easy).
This will let you do a title search right from the Firefox search toolbar, instead of having to load the catalog, and do it there. I will be posting this to our catalog to invite patrons to try it out if they are using Firefox.

If you're not using Firefox, check it out. It's a great browser. One of the few browsers that has really changed how I use the web. (Can you say Tabs? I knew you could!)

3 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 9:29 AM, Blogger Bill Drew said...

How about telling us how you created it? How would I do it for my library?

 
At 12/21/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Chris Deweese said...

Bill-

Can do! I will post something up about it soon.

 
At 12/22/2005 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to see some quick instructions too!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home