Monday, November 21, 2005

My first blog carnival

Thanks to Joy, I submitted my earlier post about IT Departments as a barrier to services to Carnival of the Infosciences #16 @ Librarystuff.net and my entry made it in. Woohoo!

What is a blog carnival you ask?
"A blog carnival is like a roving journal, a rotating showcase of interesting writing from around the blogosphere within a particular discipline. Individual bloggers volunteer to host a carnival on their personal blog, acting as chief editor for that edition. It falls to them to collect noteworthy items, and to sort through suggestions from the community, many of which are direct submissions from authors."
-From if:book: the blog carnival

Carnivals are also pretty cool because you can find other interesting blogs. Several people have emailed me since my inclusion in the carnival and I have found several others that are now in my Bloglines account.

No wonder blogs rule the web-o-verse :)

Actually...this is really a great example of how the new web is connecting people.

1 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 7:27 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Thanks for contributing your post. Now this is the part where I ask if you'd be interested in taking a crack at hosting an upcoming Carnival. If you're willing/interested, drop me a line. [greg dot schwartz [at] gmail]

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home