Thursday, November 10, 2005

Make subscribing to RSS easy

I was browsing for local St. Louis news RSS feeds at ksdk.com when I noticed something. On their rss page, they have buttons that say "Add to my Yahoo!" and "Add to Newsgator".

I thought..hey, how handy. So I took a look at the "Sub with Bloglines" button and realized, DUH, its just a uniform link that uses javascript to fill in the address for the feed.

So...you could make a link like this:
www.bloglines.com/sub/http://www.lcls.org/rss.aspx
Example: Click me to Subscribe to this page with Bloglines!

And when a user clicks it, they are directed to Bloglines, where if they are signed in, they get prompted to add the feed. If not, they are asked to log in OR create an account.

How cool is that?

I plan on adding a "Subscribe with Bloglines" link to the LCLS RSS feed, and I will also add in a subscribe with My Yahoo! and any other service I find that offers such a simple feature. If you know of one, leave a comment!

Want to subscribe to my blog?

Bloglines: Click Here!
Yahoo!: Click Here!

1 Comments:

At 11/11/2005 2:08 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

If you want your own Bloglines button follow the instructions here:
http://www.bloglines.com/about/subscribe?tip=5

Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home