Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Gah!!

As a "webmaster" it's not fun to come into work with the following error reports in your email:
The page: /Default.aspx returned the following error:

Unspecified error

Base Exception: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error
And
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error
So what happened?

Well.......I posted about the CLeO RSS feeds right? I put links on here and announced it to our members.

Oops.

The RSS feeds were working, but they were not properly caching, so I ran out of database connections.

I took a few things offline and am working on making less use of my DB connections. I knew one day I would hit this point. So, let that be my lesson..I need to plan my data resource uses better.

Bad programmer Chris, bad!

The LCLS site is back to working, but I've taken off the CLeO event lists, disabled the CLeO RSS Feeds (the day after I announced them...how bad does that look?), and I'm also redoing code that was a little too dependent on connecting to the CLeO DB.

This seems like it should have been a Monday issue..it's wednesday, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home