Monday, October 31, 2005

Back and catching up

Got back to St. Louis around 2330 (that's 11:30PM) Thursday night. Came in for a little bit friday, still can't get my outlook to send email from home. It worked two weeks ago, but now it doesn't. Maybe it will fix itself.

I have a little catching up to do, but after that I will be working on an AIM Presence web service hook. I plan on making this available to any Illinois Library System as well as any libraries that want to show an online/offline icon for their AIM accounts.

If you're library isn't using IM (Instant Messaging), it is definately something you should think about. LCLS is going to host Aaron Schmidt from Thomas Ford Memorial Public Library who will be doing a program on IM for reference in the library. The date should be announced soon, I think it's sometime in February.

Once I have my webservice up (won't take long :)), I will provide some sample Java code, as well, as ASP & ASP.NET. If anyone uses PHP or Cold Fusion and knows how to make a webservice call (a.k.a. sending post data to a webservice and receiving the result), let me know. I'd like to have samples to cover most everyones needs.

If you're interested in this, contact me and let me know. I won't be posting my webservice URL in the open, but I will give it to any interested parties.

Confused? I'll explain more when I have things ready to go!

2 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 7:58 PM, Blogger Paul Mills said...

Cool, Chris. I'll be really excited to see the IM status for LCLS staff. It'd be nice if that was easy to use with MSN too.

 
At 11/01/2005 8:13 AM, Blogger Chris Deweese said...

Looks like MSN does not support this yet. At least not the same way AIM does. Found this: http://sharepointblogs.com/mkruger/archive/2005/08/12/3150.aspx

But it requires Office 2003 and some other things on the client.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home